This page/section will keep track of all the steps that will bring to the creation of version 5 of the MyzharBot robot.
This new version will not be an evolution, but a fully new project.
MyzharBot v5 will have two rubber tracks again, but the structure will not be triangular anymore, but linear, with two big sprockets with a diameter of 150mm. This new configuration will reduce the efforts of the motors and the vibrations generated by the teeth of the rubber tracks
The previous MyzharBot v4 had a lot of traction problems, the power required by the tracks has been badly underestimated and there were a lot of issues with the motors and with the motor driver.
The new project is going to start from a few fixed starting points:
- A new chassis fully 3D printed with metal inserts to make it more robust and many plastic dampers made in TPU
- Nvidia Jetson Xavier NX as the main embedded processor
- Stereolabs ZED2 as main external world sensor (2D and 3D vision)
- Sabertooth dual 32A motor driver with Kangaroo x2 motor controller
- Two CUI AMT102-V quadrature encoders for velocity control and wheel odometry
The mechanics of the robot is currently under development. I’m using the online 3D CAD OnShape and it is fully available on the web.