After a lot of searching on the web I realized that using 2.5″ M3 tapped spacers to keep the basis of the tracks separated at the right distance is not as easy as it seemed.
Spacers long 2.5″ are not easy to be found and what I found is not M3 tapped or too wide.
The best way to overcome the problem is then to replace the classic spacer with a new selfmade version.
I made three new separators to be laser cut together with the other parts of the chassis.
The idea is visible in the following 3D rendering gallery.
This is the old v3 solution
The new structure seems even more solid… I think it is a good choice.
In the next days I’m going to realize the new chassis in the wooden version to test its correctness and send it as perks for the Technofunding’s funders.